Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

22322 mg9-000 Honda part number.
Looking to where to find one of these? Most places, including Honda say that it is discontinued.

Does anyone know a replacement for this spacer or a work around if I can't find one?

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I guess you mean dampener or dampening plate. The in the center of the clutch pack. If you can't find a new one, just buy a low mileage clutch pack off ebay, and hopefully get a good plate.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
imported post

dwrogers,

I read a post somewhere (don't remember if it was this board or not) that it might be possible to substitute one fiber plate and one metal plate in place of the damper plate.It would make more sense, however, to just replace it with multiple metal plates until you got to the desired thickness, if possible.

Of course, replacing the damper plate with solid plates would defeat its purpose of allowing a gradual engagement of the clutch, so the end result may be a difficult to use clutch.The only way to find out would be to try it.

Is your clutch dragging? If it is youwill want to check the hydraulics before anything else. Air in the system can mess it up as can dirt or old fluid.

The clutch on myLTD does not fully disengage making for hard shifting and dragging (sometimes). I rebuilt the master and slavecylinders, made surethere is no air in the system, and it still acts the same way. I am thinkingit is something with the platesor that damper plate. I am going to pull it apartsoon and take a look.

Let us know what you end up doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.