Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Rode the Wing home tonight and when I got off the bike I had coolant on the inside of my left boot. :sadguy:I checked the left head area and only saw 1 drop on the exhaust stud, no signs of any coolant tracks. I pulled the plug and it was clean with no signs of coolant fouling. The coolant was a little low so I added some. The bike didn't over heat, was only about 48 degrees out tonight. Is there a way to pressurized the coolant system? Any ideas? :?

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Sorry it is an 86 Aspencade with 73,000 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks guys it is coming out the weep hole, so a water pump it is. Is there anything else I should replace/check when I have the cover off?

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

Just the gaskets on the front cover and the O ring. I suggest you get the OEM pump, and NOT THE CHEAPER MADE IN INDIA PUMP AND GASKETS FROM SABER CYCLES, if you do I guarantee you will be replacing it again in a few months, even if you did manage to get their paper thin gaskets to actually seal in the first place.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Who sells the OEM pump?

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Besides the dealership

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
imported post

+1 on Western Honda, I have purchased a fewOEM itemsfrom them and their prices are usually lower that everyone else.

Brian

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

86wing wrote:
Besides the dealership
I'm not sure what the problem with buying from your local dealer is but what I've found is that when I ask the dealer for their best price they're often lower than the online sellers. You have to factor in taxes buying local and shipping buying online but most times the best price and quickest delivery is just around the corner. Also the dealer if honest will provide OEM parts and online you have no idea if what you're getting is repackaged knock offs.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Yep that is true in Some cases But Western Honda Seems always To beat my Local Guy by a lot. But correct you have to shop and do your homework.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

ceasefire49 wrote:
Yep that is true in Some cases But Western Honda Seems always To beat my Local Guy by a lot. But correct you have to shop and do your homework.
Yes if I walk in and ask for a price on a big ticket part I will be quoted the suggested retail. If I then tell him I'm shopping for the best price the calculator comes out and often he'll knock 20% to 40% off. So he only made $20 on the part instead of $100 but he made a profit and will likely have a repeat costumer. We both win.

If your dealer doesn't do that there will likely be an Under New Management sign out front in the near future.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Yep Ken but I guess I am Kind of spoiled..I have tried that with my local dealer..he is one of those Multiple bike sellers and does a fairly brisk business especially with ATV's around here he gives few breaks I have tried that and even quoted WH's price. Since Western Honda is just a hop skip and a jump I normally just order it on line and the part is here in a day or two. Saves me from having to drive the 60 miles to Scottsdale.:waving:

·
Premium Member
220 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Good price and shipping would probably be the same to Ga as it is to AZ

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Thanks for all the input. Replaced the water pump, no more leaks. Also fixed an overcharging problem, info found in a different thread. Great site for all kinds of info.

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Great and thanks for the reply stating you got it fixed and how..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.