Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

This was a GL1200 Standard, I removed the engine and replaced the stator.

When I get back from holidays and have more time, I will upload the how-to article with photos. I will also have a separate video clip of the stator being replaced then, the one in the post above just covers engine removal.It is about 17 minutes long and Imade it as high quality as possible for Youtube uploading and itseemsgood enough for full screen viewing.

There are some shaky parts, due to the fact that I had the camcorder in one hand and tools in the other.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
imported post

Excellent video and excellent camera work. Never thought to wear rubber gloves when tackling a greasy job like this. I have a whole box of them in the garage and could have used them on numerous occasions if it had occurred to me, duh.

Thanks. :claps:

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
imported post

I guess the rubber gloves are for keeping the camera clean. :)

The video is really good and easy to follow. It makes the job look easy.

·
Premium Member
4,424 Posts
imported post

nicely done Steve, enjoyed watching

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
imported post

This site is great online if we could get it to where someone could reach through the screen and do it,great site thanks to the founder...

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
imported post

Very concise and to the point. Can you demo this on my old goldwing? it needs another transplant..:sadguy:

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

great video, I would love to see one on an 04 gl1800. I always like to learn more about my bike. :)

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
imported post

I love to see more things like this get posted. Never knw when we will actually need the info and photo's and video's ourselves but it is great to know they are here when needed.

Now if anyone would like to make a video for a 1500 I would be happy to let you remove/install my engine for a video.
Guess if it's out anyway I could go ahead and put in the starter gear then LOL

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
imported post

That is one great video. Covers everything and isn't too long. The text over instructions get around language and accent barriers.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Thanks for another great video Steve, they get better all the time. I like the way you keep the clips short and focussed, with no long intros. The text overlay is probably better than voice, considering most viewers will be from far afield.

·
IBA Member
373 Posts
imported post

Great Video! I love how you use your ratchet as a hammer. I've gone through many ratchets that way myself!

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

Thanks for that Steve. I played it 3 times and feel like a pro able to tackle the job.
I already used the carburetor balancing clip to do my own carbs. I'm saving all the videos to my computer for offline viewing in the garage. The wife's iPad will make a good TV propped up on the bike while I work away.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
imported post

It is a good video, I guess GL1100 engine removal is close enough to that.
The videot has convinced me that removing the engine is too big a job for me, and whatever the local bike shop charges is money earned the hard way.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Those looked like Craftsman ratchets, so they can take a licking and keep on ticking......Great Video Steve..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.