Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My dad has a 85 limited that we a trying to get ready to sell for him. We encountered a error display on the auto air ride while testing the system. It was adjusting up and down manually ok then locked the code and will not clear. Anyone have any information on this problem.

Bob

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
imported post

Hey, I read somewhere you clear it by turning the kill switch on and off several times or it may have been the key switch. Pretty sure it's the kill switch some how. Ill try and find it and get back to you. Someone will probably beat me too it, I hope they do.

Good luck and welcome, this is the best Gold Wing site I've found anywhere.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

Had the same problem with my "new" 85 LTD when I bought it in November. Replaced the battery and everything is now Okey Dokey!! You're talking about getting the "EEE" on both upper and lower pressure displays, correct? Seems that that portion of the bike is sensitive to voltage (or lack thereof). Try charging the battery up and see how that works. ;)

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
imported post

My 85 LTD does the same thing from time to time so if you figure out a fix please let me know. Thanks

Tom

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
imported post

Had same problem on my 85 LTD. Sometimes the flicking on and off of the key would seem to straighten it out, no error code when it came online. But as soon as you'd try to use it, it would give me the "EEEEEE" code. Another time, I could you the air system to check the air pressure, but couldn't add air, or I couldn't select front and rear (it'd be stuck on the front and I'd have to use a gas station air compressor to add to the rear shocks). Then one day I had the fairing pockets out for something and I saw the plugs for the air system. One of the plugs ran to a socket into the side of the fairing, with hardly any room to unplug it, so I took a wide blade screwdriver and just started pushing in on the socket and then each wire individually in the socket. Now for some reason, she works normal again. By again, I mean that 5 years ago when I got the bike, it worked ok for about a month then went AWOL. Now she's fine. Must've been a bad connection?

I had the same problem with the cruise control going in and out when I first got it. But it worked itself out. The more I used it, the better it got, until it started working normal. Took maybe a year to "loosen up" and start working right. I don't know if it was the switches, relay, or what. But it worked itself free anyhow.

Ride safe out there guys and gals.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
imported post

My LTD does the same thing consistently. If I do it manually, front and then rear, it works everytime. I don't even mess with the auto leveling switch anymore! Turning the ignition on and off to try to reset it not only runs down the battery, but drains my patience!!!

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
imported post

Mine also does it too I don't use the auto leveling I do the front and then the back.The way it sounds is after 26 years the pins on the back of the plug where the wires start trying to back out and are not making a good connection take in mind after vibration and such and age could be the problem.Take care and remember God is Good.

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
imported post

Mine does it every once in a while too. I just shut it down, kill switch and key switch, and when I kick it back on all is well. I too have never used the autolevel feature. I do know the system will not function at all if the brakes are on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.