Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Any body know a poormans mod of the foot pegs to possibly drop them down a wee bit and possibly the controls. I already have the seat all the way back and i need more room. Thanks for the help in advance everyone here is awesome....

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
imported post

Have you considered installing floor boards with a heel/toe shifter? ( some people like them some hate them) Most sets will lower your foot position and take more of a bend out of your knees. I installed a set on my 1200 several years ago and after a short period of me adjusting to them I like them. They give you more room to move your feet around as well. They do,however reduce your road clearance a bit but so would any other mod you make to lower your original pegs. I see sets for sale quite often at reasonable prices.....

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I will try to find any one that has them so i can try them, Currently no job and wife works at wally mart so money is now tight. but i do like the way they look i just didn't know they lowered the foot position thank you

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

You can raise the seat by placing a block between the seat pan and the metal brackets that bolt to the bike.

Lowering the pegs would be a lot harder and also reduce your cornering clearance, which is not the best on a wing anyway.

Floorboards will generally reduce the leg room further.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

How long of an inseam do you have? :) I have a 36" inseam don't rally notice I need that much more room. I do use the highway pegs quite a bit. I also found that adding the gel seat cushion from Wal-Mart gives me a little more room too. Have your wife bring one back from work and give it a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.