1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi All
Can anyone tell me if the flat style footpegs from a 1200 will fit an 1100
The 83 model had what appears to be the same pegs as the 1200 but the part nos are different

Many thanks Rob

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
imported post

Good morning Rob (in UK), just to clarify, do you mean "standard" pegs, front or rear?...or aftermarket floorboards?
Cheers,
Peter.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

groutby wrote:
Good morning Rob (in UK), just to clarify, do you mean "standard" pegs, front or rear?...or aftermarket floorboards?
Cheers,
Peter.
Standard rubber pegs on the front
The ones I have are more like a piece of round pipe about 2" in dia but the later ones are more of a flat profile and I think they might be a bit more comfortable for a long run
I have a chance of a set from a 1200

·
Administrator
26,169 Posts
imported post

The mounting brackets are different.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

But if you can find some 83 Apsy front pegs they are flatter and wider.

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

RB wrote:
But if you can find some 83 Apsy front pegs they are flatter and wider.
I was hoping that the 1200 pegs were the same and could be fitted on my 1100 brackets

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

just an update
i got the 1200 pegs and indeed the brackets are wrong but then I thought that I could just take the footpegs off the brackets and mount them in the 1100 brackets as the mount idea is the same, wrong, almost there but not quite (stop too short and 1100 bracket has a back on it that catches) so then I just took the rubber part off the mount bar and lo and behold that is the same on both brackets so they are on and it will be interesting when I go to France next week

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

so-- you took them apart and discarded the mounts and mounted the flat pegs to the 1100 mounts , right?

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

wda-83wing wrote:
so-- you took them apart and discarded the mounts and mounted the flat pegs to the 1100 mounts , right?
In the end all I did was remove the bolt out of the bottom of the rubbers and swapped the rubbers on the support stems and replaced the bolts

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

thanks , think i`ll give that try. now to find some 1200 foot pegs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.