Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i just find out that my left leg is leaking, probably after the bike sat for weeks, weather and stuff... has anyone purchased them lately?, can you share your source please

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

Had mine replaced about a month ago. Independent mechanic said he wouldn't use anything but Honda.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
imported post

I am in th esame boat William...I have my right one leaking...I ordered OEM parts from www.Cyclemaxohio.com....

Great folks to deal with !!!

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
imported post

I"ll probably catch it for this but I just ordered some from a vendor on eBay named Peak Moto. Under $30 for new seals and dust covers - shipped

Plus they have a 30 day money back guarantee and have a stellar seller history

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
imported post

Hey William86,

A leaking fork can be caused from a dead dryed bug, that hit the fork tube, if it was not cleaned off right away, it will cause your fork Oil seal to have a leak, if it got past your dust seal, that could happen easily.

I check my bike after each ride, and clean and wipe down my fork tubes.

a Minor fix is to check your fork tubes to see if any debris is in or around the fork seal, pull up both of the top dust seals, then look down in at the oil seal to see if any debris is in the seal or under it, causing the leak, this may save you from a tare down.

I get my OEM stuff from Bike Bandit, they are in so. California,

I just replaced GL1200, GL1100 & GL1000 front fork Seals & Slider Bushings.

When i did mine i use only Synthetic oil, whether it be Fork oil or ATF.

I am not sure, but, since you are located more in the central southern USA, maybe someone else can chime in that is in the Texas area.

westgl

·
Pwhoever
3,161 Posts
imported post

There is a tool that I saw that is suposed to clean out the debris on the seals and help stop the leaks. It is made by Motion Pro which has a good reputation. It can be had for around $5.00 I can't see how you could go wrong even if it doesn't work but it would be nice to see someone use it and give a review.....

http://sealmate.net/instructions.html

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
imported post

westgl......william86 is not located in texas anywhere........he is in southern mexico...way south of texas

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
imported post

yes i know he is not in Texas, he is in Tampico Mexico.

But the closest place to him in the USA, for him to get parts would be probably Texas.

westgl

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
imported post

pwhoever wrote:
There is a tool that I saw that is suposed to clean out the debris on the seals and help stop the leaks. It is made by Motion Pro which has a good reputation. It can be had for around $5.00 I can't see how you could go wrong even if it doesn't work but it would be nice to see someone use it and give a review.....

http://sealmate.net/instructions.html
I just got a set of these but haven't tried it out on my leaky right tube yet. Just replaced both with new OEM last year so I hope the little tool works. Gonna give it a try this weekend so I will post back with results.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

im not on texas but i get my stuff shipped to a friends house there, the big deal with bikebandit is that they wont tell you if they have the parts ready to ship unless you give them your credit card number and charge for the item.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
imported post

I just did mine, with honda seals and oil and paid $60 us for all. I thought that was pretty high, but it worked so???

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

I too put in OEM Honda seals and 60,000km later no sign of leakage.
Sometimes the higher price ends up not that high.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

I went with an after market seal set was $40.00. Had to buy OEM seals and rebuild them again. NOT FUN. Use OEM seals it will save you in the long run. The shop where I bought the after market seals refunded my money was sorry his seals didn't work.
I paid $76.00 for the seals and $10.00 for the oil from Honda.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.