Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello, rebuilt my master cylinder and now im having some problems. well its installed back on the bike i've been bleeding for about half our using my vacuum pump. no air seems to come out but the lever still feels soft. it seems to work. here on the garage going back and forth but i dont know if this should be normal. i've already bleed the banjo bolts as recommended lots of times around here. both. lower and upper. should i just keep bleeding?

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

The banjo bolt bleed trick usually works as air often gets trapped in that area.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

i bleed both banjo bolts. i forgot to say, i let the pump suck all the fluid in the lines, would this have something to do? air could be stuck in the caliper body right?

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Me thinks that might be a yes......

Claude.....

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

As suggested by wonderful people of this site I ziptied my lever and the next morning i had pressure.
One more bleed and the lever is awesome.
Leaving the lever in the squeezed position allows small air bubbles time to escape in the natural way.
Gravity and bouyancy.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

Another tip to flushing and bleeding brakes.

For each wheel, fill a container half full with liquid.Make surethe container islower than the brake caliper. Attach a vacuum hose to the bleeder valve and insert the other end into the container filled with liquid. Loosen the bleeder valve. Proceed to pump the brakes. Be careful to watch brake fluid level in master cylinder. DO NOT allow the master cylinder to run completely out of brake fluid. Run several "full" master cylinders through. All air in the brake system will be purged. Make sure to tighten the bleeder valve BEFORE removing the vacuum hose. This works with cars too. Imagine bleeding the brakes by yourself on a car in a fourth of the time it takes two men doing the pump 3 times and hold it method. The way this works is as you pump fresh fluid through the brake system and down into the container, the liquid in the container will not allow any air back up into the brake system.

Best of luck :waving:

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

i did the tied lever over night trick and guess what... YES it worked!.. haven't tested it on the road but the lever definitely feels better and more normal.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

u can alos do it by cracking the bleeder and letting it jsut al little open and keep refilling the MC before it goes dry,or buy some speedbleeders which defintely do the job fast

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
imported post

Hey william
Glad it worked.
And those speed bleeders are a wonder. I just bought my last one. gave it a shot when i prdered stuff last year, I liked it so much I bought another from a different site that turned out to be the wrong size but now just recieved the last two for the linked system.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
imported post

Did the tie off trick last night,

Hard to believe it works, still scratching my head... but it does like a charm.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
imported post

i have found that using a C-clamp to hold the pistons all the way back in there bores when your bleeding them makes a big difference.

Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.