Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

my 86 gl1200 ,the front tire is chopped up on the sidesand thee front hopes alittle. the tire pressure is 40 psi any idea any one

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
imported post

I'd check first to see if it's seated properly and then check its balance.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

fachuck wrote:
my 86 gl1200 ,the front tire is chopped up on the sidesand thee front hopes alittle. the tire pressure is 40 psi any idea any one
I don't understand your post.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

ok i new the first time i posted that i would mess it up. I have hadseveral tires on the front do this the side tread will wear rough and sound like a 4 wheel drive truck in the curves. I thank its the front fork shocks but not shure how to check them

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
imported post

Front tire should only have 32psi in it. My front shocks need rebuilt, but my front tire is still wearng fine. 40psi could be the problem, but once the tire wears bad, you need to replace it for safety sake. 32psi front ... 40psi rear

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
imported post

Unfortunatly once a tire starts cupping it's too late, you can't stop it and it just grows as the tire wears, you can sort of slow it down by upping the tire pressure
I have heard from many that 40 in front works well
I am running 40 in the front and 44 in the rear on mine and it seems to do well
what kind of tire are you running and what are your riding habits ie how aggresive do you ride and how much air do you run in the front and rear

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
imported post

check the manufacturers tire web site for the minimum psi required for the front and rear tires, and go from there.

if it helps minimum for avon venoms and dumlop elite 3 is 36psi front, and 40 for the rear.

the maximums are written on the sidewalls of the tires. avon and venoms are 50 rear and 40 front.

good luck,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.