Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I need help! I've changed my carbs because I had a gas leak (s)? and I just ca'nt seem to figure out why ,or whats causing the problem. It's the same as the old carbs. Can it be the fuel pump, or something else? I am just so confused at this point. This my first Goldwing and I simply love it!!! Can someone please help?? The leaks seem to be comming out of the top of the carbs at the pcv overflows or air intake whatever they are on either end Thanks. Bobby P. (pollytrew) 1987 gl1200i interstate 79k miles

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum bro,
There was another post on this the other day. Check it as it has some good pics to see if yours is leaking in the same spot. If so it is probably the float valve stuck on one or more carbs from junk in the tank or an Emgo gas filter coming apart inside from the eth gas we have to run thanks to our bought up feds.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Yes I bought a set from e-bay which said just that."these carbs have been tested and should be fine" i guess the operitive word here is should...Thanks I will check my floats and also try to run the carbs dry as suggested, who knows??? Wish me luck and thanks again my friend!

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

No problem bro.
Also tap on the carb bowls when you open the petcock back up to see if that will clear it in the gas rush in.
Change the fuel filter to the Honda filter or the less money, good Napa 3011 before opening the petcock again.
Flush out the gas lines to into a glass jar to inspect for particles in the gas before it goes into the carbs.
You might want to empty the tank and pull the petcock apart and make sure it's clean along with inspecting the tank.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

newday777 wrote:
Here is that posting

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/127317.html

Did you buy a set from ebay that said they were good?
Yes newday777 I did, and yes they told me they were good, but I can now see I must look over their work. and Thanks my friend , hey my password has a 777 ending in it! God works in mysterious ways. You gotta believe buddy the handwritings all over the wall!!!!!

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Yes He does. And I do believe!
As an aside I was through your area in mid Nov, stopped at my sister's in Tom's River for a couple days on the way back from southern NH.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

somehow or other God has put this wole thing together and I know you believe and I thank you for all your time It has been VERY enlightening to say the least ! Next time you're through this way lets get together. I am off tomorrow I will send some pics. of the old girl ok ?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Sounds good. I won't be out till next year at the earliest, loving riding all year here and don't miss the NH winters. My friend in NH wanted me to stay and work but 2' on Oct 30th changed my mind real quick.
I'll send you my email in a PM.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Good morning I was wondering why when I open petcock and remove gas line no petro comes out. Do you have an answer, and is this odd?

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

pollytrew wrote:
I need help! I've changed my carbs because I had a gas leak (s)? and I just ca'nt seem to figure out why ,or whats causing the problem. It's the same as the old carbs. Can it be the fuel pump, or something else? I am just so confused at this point. This my first Goldwing and I simply love it!!! Can someone please help?? The leaks seem to be comming out of the top of the carbs at the pcv overflows or air intake whatever they are on either end Thanks. Bobby P. (pollytrew) 1987 gl1200i interstate 79k miles
Fixed all is well and running like a top thanks to some of you members. Thanks again and may God bless!:claps:

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Good to hear that bro! What did you end up doing to fix it?

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

pollytrew wrote:
all is well in this area

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Sorry so late newday777,but I wound up tapping on the carbs with a hammer lightly and also ran the carbs dry and then let the gush of fresh gas in which all combined did the trick.Thanks for asking my friend!!!

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Cool
Still getting some riding in back there?

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Yeah a bit of riding the weather here in Jersey has been crazy, but now I got the bike in a little disruption because I'm trying to get this panasonic original radio to hook up but I'm not having alot of success. If you can read my other post of yesterday maybe you can help me out..So far Gods been very good to me otherwise!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.