Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

After hating the heel/toe/board setups for a long time, i realize i need to get something to shift up with my heel instead of my toes as im going to try to use the bike to drive around town, my daily use shoes will get badly damaged as im not going to wear my riding boots every day nor going to be changing everytime i get on and off the bike.

being poor and living in a country where supplies are not easy to get. i think i need to build my own.

has anyone tried to do that with the stock pegs setup??? is there already one to bolt on that i can try to copy the design or ill have to do it from scratch..

please post any pictures of your setup or any tips to protect my shoes.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Heal and toe are good for highway but tearable in city. Perhaps cary a slipon toe protector to slip over your shoe. leave it with the bike.
They use to be popular up north in snow contry to slip over dress shoes
wilf

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

I made my own H/T shifter for my '85 Aspy & now have them on my'96 Se. I can get some pic's tomorrow & they might be of some use. I've been using them for aout 10 years and would never go back. I've got about $75.00 invested & ride around town every day :waving:

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
imported post

gowifas wrote:
My feet are very characteristic of the Hong Kong leg, one to be peeling in winter.
I have no idea what you mean.:?
But your signiture is clearly SPAM.:lash:

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
imported post

I bought the J.C. Whitney shifter and it does not mount to a 1200. It is still laying in shelf in my workshop. I made my own shifter out of 3/8 rod, attaching it to a weld-on tab just above the stock peg. Works well. I also put one on my 1800. If I can figure out a way to do it, I will send a photo. This shifter cost me about 2 dollars. I do have a welder.
Bobby

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
imported post

I can't seem to get the pic file small enough to post. If any of you want a pic of my shifter, e-mail me at [email protected] and I will send it to you.

I also couldn't get a PM to William86. What's that about?
Bobby

·
Senior Something
13,270 Posts
imported post

From BobbydSp

This is the 1200 shifter. You have to weld a drilled and tapped piece of metal to the original peg mount. Find or make a bushing to fit the bolt. About 5" from center of the bolt to the center of the rear kicker depending on your boot size. Works very well. Remove the peg mount to do the welding.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
imported post

Thanks for posting these pics, Ebanjo. Anyone that makes one will be delighted. No scuffed boot toes and no pain from up-shifts from arthritic toe joints.
Bobby

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
imported post

You guys are good! I've been thinking about a heel/toe shifter on my '86 Aspy because my dang feet are so big and I sometimes have problems angling my bad foot under the original toe shifter. The pictures are terrific and opened up my eyes to alternatives. Thanks!!!

·
Senior Something
13,270 Posts
imported post

It is sometimes a challenge to get my boot toe under the shifter in a hurry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.