Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys might have talked about this before, but maybe you can point me in the right way. Got this 84 Wing from my Dad that passed last year. I took it to the shop and got it running which was great. The problem now is that when i apply the brakes be it hand or foot the fuse blows Also the horn and turn signals don't work. I've read on other forums that it was the fuse. I need the brake lights to work before i take it on the streets really i take it on the back roads now to get use to it and let it run for a few. Any help would be grateful.

·
killer driller
781 Posts
Sounds like a dead short, I would look for a bare or pinched wire. As far as the turn signals and horn try cleaning the switch since they both are in one housing

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,323 Posts
Mine did that on a trip.
Does or did the bike ever have an aftermarket Markland cruise control?
If so, undo where it connects to the rear brake light switch wires.
If no cruise, just unplug the rear switch and see if the fuse still blows when the front switch comes on. If it still blows, then reconnect the rear and disconnect the front.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was looking at the rear or the wing tonigbt and grabbed some wires and some of the running lights went out so i got so loss wires. I just don't know where to start looking i don't even know which ones the brake lights our theres so many back there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine did that on a trip.
Does or did the bike ever have an aftermarket Markland cruise control?
If so, undo where it connects to the rear brake light switch wires.
If no cruise, just unplug the rear switch and see if the fuse still blows when the front switch comes on. If it still blows, then reconnect the rear and disconnect the front.
The wing has every option i think is out there for it.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,323 Posts
All those extras, lights, cruise, airhorns and such are usually the source of your kind of problems. The horn and turn signals are on the same circuit as the brake lights, and the cruise is hooked into that circuit. Look just ahead of the gas cap for the rear brake light wires. The Markland cruise hooked into those wires.
If it were me I'd take the bike back to stock and get it working right, then reinstall any functional stuff I thought it needed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.