Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
802 Posts
Steelhorse, In the U.S. the slang term 'Plain Jane" is not detrimental or demeaning. It simply means the base model without the factory add on's that would make it an Aspencade or and SEI (later models). Manufacturers want their product to appeal to a wide variety of buyers. So they offer different models with different trim levels priced from low to high. Base model (Interstate) - no frills or add on's. Aspencade - more things like digital Dashboard, radio, clock, onboard air compressor, Auto Volume Control and trip computer.

One final comment to RKB53. How do you know the fun isn't in the rebuild for him? Go to a car show sometime and ask those guys what they have invested in their builds. Most could buy a brand new CTS but choose to have the fun of the build. We all love to ride but you can't ride 24x7. Those of us here spend the non-riding time enjoying working on our bikes.

And FYI I buy non-running bikes all the time and get them running... Look at my avatar. That is an 84 standard that I spent plenty of time working on it. I've owed a CB350, CM400, 3 GL1200's, a Suzuki GS650, KZ1000 and a ZX7 all non-running when I got them. They run now and have sold most of them for enough profit to by my 2000 HD Dyna and still have money left over. But profit wasn't my motivation. The fun of working on them and resurecting a good old bike. The net result is that now there are a few guys in my area, who don't have the skills or knowledge to get one running, who are now riding a good bike and having fun!

And where did I gain the knowledge to do that? Right here on this forum and others. So please have a little patience with new guys. After all I was a new guy once and the warmth and willingness I received here, to help others, is what keeps me coming back and hopefully helping "new guys".

1 - 1 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.