Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Howdy folks -

I'm getting ready to replace the windshield - the only issue at hand is that the PO was a short little spud (5'7" or so) and I'm 6'4"... I'm pretty sure that the windshield was cut down for him at some point.

All of the windshield places list them as 'stock' or 'stock + 2 inches' etc - I have no reference to what the stock height is and I don't know what to order...

How tall is the stock windshield from the top of the windshield trim to the edge of the shield?

Anyone able to help me out?

I appreciate you all.

~J

ps - I just noticed that my handle on here, the initials are ADD... This was not intentional by any... oh look!! Chickens!!

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
imported post

If you're replacing the windshield because of scratches, buy a bottle of Meguiars motorcycle plastic cleaner/polish(walmart). My windshield was impossible to see through at night from the scratches. I bought a bottle of this and used it on my windshield. I no longer need a new windshield now. It really worked. As to the height of a standard shield, I was told it was 22". I'm not sure since I have an aftermarket shield on and it is TALL!!

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Nah, I want to replace it to get my head out of the slipstream.

If I crouch down, the ride is smooth and pleasant with only minor air buffet noise.

If I sit normally (I have a long torso) there is a LOUD air buffet noise as well as turbulence.

it's not too terribly much fun.

·
Premium Member
3,318 Posts
imported post

I believe the stock height is 21" from the windshield chrome piece to the top center of the windshield.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
imported post

Not sure of the stock sheild height, but i have allways had a plus size on as long as i can remember. I would get the plus 2", if you don't like it, you can always cut it down.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.