Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon, everyone

I'm in search of a mentor in the Miami area to guide me in inspecting and reinstalling my final drive, my tires, and my brakes.

I will do all the work and pay you for your time, if need be... I just really want to learn more about my motorcycle. I don't have time anymore to read and learn on it. I'm very hands on though so if you'd be willing to guide and walk me through the processes, whilst also teaching me more about the motorcycle, I'd be grateful.

I wish to keep, and ride, this motorcycle for as long as I possibly can. And hopefully, once my baby is born and has grown a few years, learn how to install a sidecar and have her go on some nice, easy rides.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This one

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
I have a Haynes manual and it does fairly well but I genuinely don't have the time to read everything; to go chapter by chapter, learning how to do everything. With a new job and a baby on the way, my free time is limited. Having a mentor guide me as I work would really expedite everything

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,085 Posts
Ditch the Haynes. OEM manual is best.
Lots of stuff on YouTube. You can probably find some guidance there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ditch the Haynes. OEM manual is best.
Lots of stuff on YouTube. You can probably find some guidance there.
Very true. That's how I've learned to do most of the work I've done on the Goldwing. That said, I no longer have as much time to consume all the information and properly grasp it, so that's why I seek a mentor.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,134 Posts
Very true. That's how I've learned to do most of the work I've done on the Goldwing. That said, I no longer have as much time to consume all the information and properly grasp it, so that's why I seek a mentor.

you don't say what year/model bike you have??

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
61,134 Posts
No problem,
fixed up your signature so folks can have an idea of what and where, to help you find what you need.

we have a member that lives in San Antonio, FL that would be great for that, time allowing....
Mike Herman "OnaWingAndaPrayer", I will give you more info in a PM,
look at your Avatar in the top right corner, click on it, then choose "Conversations"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts