Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
BigDogDaddeeoh
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've had the carbs on and off 3 times in my reassembly process. Getting pretty good at it. I found the right place to connect the black hose that is connected to the left rear intake. However the shorter tube coming off the right front intake doesn't seem to have an obvious place to connect.

Also, there is a black cannister about 6 inches long and about 3 inches in diameter that has two ports on one end - one port large enough to accept a vacuum hose - the other much smaller. Is this the charcoal canister?

If these two mysteries are related, it seems that the tube is much too short coming from the intake to reach where I remember that canister being originally mounted.

Guess I should've taken more pictures. The guys at work can't wait to see how many parts I have left over after reassembling this thing. I'm glad I can offer them such amusement.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

mobiewan

Sorry I don't know the 1200 much to give an answer to you.

I was riding through Northwood just after the 'SNOW' a month ago, just before heading south and west. Rode up to Loudon, then down through Northwood to see my mom in Somersworth then back to Milford.

·
BigDogDaddeeoh
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

OK, here it is

Attachments

·
BigDogDaddeeoh
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Newday
Are you saying you were 2-wheeling it through Northwood in November? Stop by next time.
M

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

is your bike a california model?? those have lots of tubing for emissions stuff... here are some diagrams, i hope that helps you identify your hoses, you should get a workshop manual it turns very handy when you get lost.

·
BigDogDaddeeoh
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Not a California model as far as I can tell. The PC port vacuum line from the No.4 intake (#1 in the diagram) is understandable - got it in the right place. There is also a line coming from the No.1 intake - such a line doesn't show in any of the drawings above.

·
Administrator
26,200 Posts
imported post

Where is the hose connected? I don't think there is supposed to be a hose on #2 carb. That part looks like a vacuum canister for a cruise control possibly.

·
BigDogDaddeeoh
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Cruise control canister makes sense - PO told me that the cruise system he had on it didn't work, I've pulled off most of what looked like was added on for that. This could be the leftovers - ha ha. And I agree there's not supposed to be a hose on #2 - but there is. Is there any problem just leaving the hose unconnected?

·
Administrator
26,200 Posts
imported post

Again, where is it connected? I have seen where a vacuum hose was connected to the synch port. If you leave it open it is a vacuum leak.

·
BigDogDaddeeoh
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

it's connected to the same place that the PC port vacuum line is connected on the no.4 intake. It's identical to the no.4 except that the hose is shorter.

·
Administrator
26,200 Posts
imported post

The #1 and #4 intakes would interchange so I think someone put a #4 on #1 to have a port to connect to for a cruise control. I would just plug it.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
imported post

I agree with Dave0430. The #1 doesn't have a vacuum port on it so someone used a #4 to hook up the cruise. DO NOT leave the port open. Plug it. Even if you have to use a golf tee and a short piece of vacuum line. If you leave it open #1 will be chronically lean and you'd never get it to sync.

·
BigDogDaddeeoh
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Thanks guys, this makes sense. I really appreciate the help. On to the next item on the troubleshoot list!

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

mobiewan wrote:
Newday
Are you saying you were 2-wheeling it through Northwood in November? Stop by next time.
M
That's what I was saying, yes. Left Nov 12 for the southern route.:action:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.