Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just purchased a used cb, junction box and multichanger for my86 Aspy. I was told all the components were working fine but I have no way to know for sure. Hooked evrtyhing up according to the instructions. Now the radio/tape audiothrough the headsets is fine but when I go back to speakers, it only works on the left side and there is a constant pulse sound (about 2-3 beats per second). Also, when I turn up the intercom I get a very loud squeel. I first thought it was feedback but I isolated the mics and its still there. Disconnected everything and put it back to the way it was origionally and the speakers were fiine again so its not the radio or speakers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
imported post

Not neccesarily the CB. It could be in the multichanger box. pull the two 5 pin leads that come from the CB that go to the multichanger and see if you still get the same problem. That will efectively isolate the cb. Or unplug the Red 4 pin plug that supplies power to the CB that would do the same thing. Better still try one at a time and see if there is any difference.If your using one antenna and a splitter you could also try disconnecting that from the cb.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

If you only get audio on one side then it really sounds like there are wires mixed up somewhere. trickyis right, you need to isolate one at a time to check it out.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I pulled the two cables from the cb out of the multichanger box one at a time and no change to the problem. Then I pulled the power cable off the cb and no change. Also, I disconnected all the cables from the multichanger box and cb. Then I just hooked up the junction boxto the headsets as if there were no cb at all and everything worked fine. Does this conclude its the multichanger box?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.