Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi everyone i am in desprate need of a Carb Diaphragm for my GL1200 interstate 1985. My bike is in for repairs and needs 4 new ones. We have 3 on the way butbut need one more,they tell me there is a back log for these till nov 25th in the UK! I really can't wait till then. PLEASE HELP :sadguy:

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
imported post

I think i would prefer to buy all 4 at one time from the same source/patch,to be sure they all match.

Good Luck Jim

·
Premium Member
3,200 Posts
imported post

Wouldn't buy an empty bucket from Saber Cycle...Randakk has them I think.

www.randakks.com

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

leewarne wrote:
Hi everyone i am in desprate need of a Carb Diaphragm for my GL1200 interstate 1985. My bike is in for repairs and needs 4 new ones. We have 3 on the way butbut need one more,they tell me there is a back log for these till nov 25th in the UK! I really can't wait till then. PLEASE HELP :sadguy:
Thanks for every ones help. I managed to find an american company called powersportPlus.com who have these but at a price. They are Honda orginals so I know they will be spot on $136 dollars or £82 PLUS $36 or £22 to send them in 10 days.:thumbsup:

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,758 Posts
imported post

I looked on their website, and it, as do all other websites, indicated that theOEM diaphragms are no longer available. And, if they were,the price for one would be nearly $138.

So what did I miss?

Many GL12 owners are searching for viable slide/diaphragms.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
imported post

Xtracho wrote:
Wouldn't buy an empty bucket from Saber Cycle...Randakk has them I think.

www.randakks.com

I don't think Randakks kits have the diaphrams. Much as I dislike suggesting Saber, their diaphrams do work. Several chaps here bought them and had no trouble at all with the product.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
imported post

leewarne- Have you found your 4th slide/dia. yet ? Did you order the other 3 ?

Jim

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,758 Posts
imported post

I don't understand why Randakk's say the carbs have to be removed from the plenum. You can get the slides out, to work on them, without even taking the rack off the motor.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

You are correct, Glad they didn't need to remove the whole unit that would have been even more expense:shock:Still having had 3 out of the four done she drives really smooth, can't wait for the last one to arrive and fnding out how she is meant to ride!

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

rideandslidejim wrote:
leewarne- Have you found your 4th slide/dia. yet ? Did you order the other 3 ?

Jim
The 3 arrived yesterday from BelgiumandHonda fitted them in the afternoon. I have one coming from states side in the post, should be here in a couple of weeks. They let me have my bike back with 3 done and oh my god what a difference!!! picked her up yesterday evening and she is really smooth. Can't wait for the 4th one to arrive so I can give her back to Honda who have said they will fit it for nothing:thumbsup:

If she is smooth now she will be a dream to ride when its completed, they have said they will also balance they all up for me too.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
imported post

Great to hear ! :claps::claps::claps:

Jim

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Hi, I don't think you missed any thing. I spoke to them on a messenger system they had one arriving to them on the 19th september and they have told me that they have posted one to me, just waiting for it to arrive. The price is $138 for one but when you consider I have just paid £130 each for 3 of them her in the uk equivilant to $600 its works out to be a good price to me.

Still, can't wait to have her running well, it wil be worth it I'm sure

Regards

Lee

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

rideandslidejim wrote:
Great to hear ! :claps::claps::claps:

Jim
Cheers jim,

Nice clean looking wing you have:thumbsup:

Lee

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
imported post

Thanks
Had her since she was new, out of the grate in 88. She was lost in storage when i moved a few years ago and had some carb. problems myself due to the unplanned 3 years of sitting. All great now with a good carb. overhaul and cleaning.

See you have a lot of miles left in yours ( and me too )

Good Luck Jim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

Very Jealous, she looks to be in amazing condition. I like the standard look.
Thanks for the photo

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

The 4th one finally arrived on tuesday from the states and she goes in next thursday to be fitted. All in all I spent about $200 on one diaphram with the shipping and import tax but at least its an original honda piece like the other 3 I puchased. PowersportsPlus.com where so helpful and responded to all my messages unlike Sabercycle who did'nt seem very interested to help!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.