Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the stock driver foot pegs and replace them with floor boards without having to also change gear and brake levers? I just cant get my feet comfortable on the pegs.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
I have a 1984 GL1200I with floorboards. The brake pedal is stock but you will need a heel/toe shifter if you change. Some folks like the shifter some don't. What I will guarantee is that you won't like the price on a new set of boards. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,722 Posts
Well, it's kind of a personal opinion, but I didn't like the floor boards. With my big feet and the riding position that puts my legs straight down, my feet wind up pointing down on the pegs, with the boards they were forced flat which A) pushed my toes into the heads and B) made my ankles feel like they were folded in half the whole time.

I'd recomend finding someone who has them on their wing and test it before you go that route.

That said, I do believe you can modify the shift lever by extending it for use on the boards, but you're pretty much stuck on the brake pedal.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Does anyone know if it is possible to remove the stock driver foot pegs and replace them with floor boards without having to also change gear and brake levers? I just cant get my feet comfortable on the pegs.
Hello, I'm new to the form and just noticed that possibly you are looking for some floorboards. I have some, Markland I think. Anyhow, if you are interested, contact me, I'll sell them cheap. And they are complete and nice. Use the existing shifter with a heel and toe attachment and the stock brake pedal.
Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.