Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
If you are asking of a valve adjuster, the 1200s have hydrolic automatic adjusters.

Do you have a repair manual for your bike?

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
I have one...somewhere. Last used about 1989. Give me a day or two and I'll try to find it and post the dimensions. Unless someone else here on the forum has the information handy....

Newday...they are hydraulic lifters and are intended to be maintainance free. However, they are also 'shimmed' at the factory. Procedure is to reshim if head, lifter, cams, etc are replaced. Back in the day, some techs were also reshimming some 1200's that were a bit noisy...with some success.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
I found mine. Right from Honda tool #07974-MG90000. If you want to double check I mic'ed mine out. Mine measures overall length 56.60mm. OD of the narrow part of the shaft is 11.97mm. The 'top hat' part is 5.07 mm out of the 56.60mm in length and the OD is 19.97mm. The width of the notch is 5.00mm and the depth is 3.7mm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.