Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have or could send me a pinout on a LCD clock for 84-85 GL1200I. I have a manual with wiring but there are four pins on the clock and so far I have been unable to determine what wires go where. This is a bare bones installation . I don't have the wiring harness for the clock. Come on Dave0430 I know you can help. Thanks in advnce for any help.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
There was a post on this some time last year.
I'll see if I can find it,
Try and use the forum search tool.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Wasn't able to bring it up. Maybe that person will happen by.

Maybe a moderator will be good and see this and change the title to include "wiring layout of pins needed"

WE USED TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS OURSELF.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Light Green/black (2 hooked together) is the light or keep alive. Red is the 12v Positive from the ignition switch and green is ground.

See which wire is hot with the Ignition switch off. Either the light green/black or the red wire. That one will be the keep alive. The one that is hot with the ign switch is the back light.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Light Green/black (2 hooked together) is the light or keep alive. Red is the 12v Positive from the ignition switch and green is ground.

See which wire is hot with the Ignition switch off. Either the light green/black or the red wire. That one will be the keep alive. The one that is hot with the ign switch is the back light.
Yea kinda had that figured out but what I need is which pins on the clock correspond to those wires. They aren't marked on the clock so I have no idea which is which.

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Sorry my wiring diagram didn't show the pin out

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trying to put a clock where there was none using an LCD clock from another Wing. The pins on clock are the problem. There are four and I know not which pin is associated with what function.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Unless your fairing sub harness has been butchered the plug should be there.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to those that responded. I finally figured the pins out but back light bulb is shot and LCD clock is unreadable. It was a good idea for a moment. Might find another somewhere.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Thanks to those that responded. I finally figured the pins out
Would you care to share or is it a State secret and you'd have to kill anyone you told?:raspberry:

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,336 Posts
Hi QMAO. You should just start a new thread on this, as it sounds like a different problem. Could well be a fuse on yours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.