Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced all but the top in the rear, bottom rear and front are all blinking at the same time... Also the tail light warning light stays on???

·
Premium Member
689 Posts
the tail warning light is staying on because,of low power draw of the leds, the system thinks there is a fault. putting a resistor in the line, will help, but kinda defeats the idea of less power draw. or you can just remove the bulb from the warning light.

the same applies to the blinkers, the lack power draw upsets the rate of blinking, you may need to replace the blinker relay with a updated electronic one.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the electronic blinker but I did not replace the fastoon bulbs at that time because they did not offer them... Has anyone had success with converting to Led Bulbs?????

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
If you have a LED non load sense flasher then you will have no problems with the LEDs. You may have to make sure that you don't buy too low an output LED ( not bright enough), but I have had great success so far. I usually buy cheap ebay ones as samples and if they work well buy more. At the moment I have some $10 ultra bright stop/ tail bulbs that flash the stop circuit. Unfortunately they are too bright in the tail light circuit((3 watt red) flashing 5 w red)), I will try to reduce the intensity with a resistor. I also purchased some amber flasher/ driving LEDs but instead of having 2 circuits they only have one through the twin pins (15d base). Both suppliers will refund but I don't think I will waste the cost of return shipping, just find another use for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.