Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just changed the fork seal on my 84 interstate in may,and went for a ride yesterday and found it leaking again .i did not by it from honda and only changed the seal .their is no play in the forks . and i noticed a antifreeze smell but found no leaks no where.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Could be a lot of things..bad tubes, bad bushings, seal installed upside down, cheap seal..blown out with too much air..

·
Premium Member
628 Posts
imported post

RB wrote:
Could be a lot of things..bad tubes, bad bushings, seal installed upside down, cheap seal..blown out with too much air..
+1. On the antifreeze smell, you will have to get down there and look. The water pump weep hole, coolant crossover pipes, radiator hoses and anywhere else you can get into and look.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

If you used Honda fork oil, it has an anti freeze smell to it when it get on the exhaust or engine. Mine did the same thing.

After you get your seal reached make sure you wash the radiator and front / bottom of the bike off really well to get rid of all the oil that flies back from the fork seal leak.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

the antifreeze smell is the oil from the fork i did not put new bushings on it and that is what i think is wrong their was some copper showing

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

always put it on the c-stand to park over time or just a few days idle... or the lucky left fork will prob leak sooner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.