Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

As I have said MANY times before I have the '85 LTD. It has the computer on the shelter, the computer also contains the Auto Volume, Tone and Speaker joystick.

I was thinking of trying to find a CB for it. I know that it would go where the "cassette holder" is on the fairing. But every "stock" CB (hondaline) for the 1200 has the auto volume and tone on the cb plate. Did they ever come out with a special one for the LTD or will I have 2 holes above the cb? I was thinking if I couldnt find one for the LTD I would just put 2 switches there for external accessories like the driving lights I am going to install. Does anyone know where I could find a stock CB reasonably?

:12ltd:

Marty :cool:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Long Hair wrote:
As I have said MANY times before I have the '85 LTD. It has the computer on the shelter, the computer also contains the Auto Volume, Tone and Speaker joystick.

I was thinking of trying to find a CB for it. I know that it would go where the "cassette holder" is on the fairing. But every "stock" CB (hondaline) for the 1200 has the auto volume and tone on the cb plate. Did they ever come out with a special one for the LTD or will I have 2 holes above the cb? I was thinking if I couldnt find one for the LTD I would just put 2 switches there for external accessories like the driving lights I am going to install. Does anyone know where I could find a stock CB reasonably?

On my '86 SEIthere wasa blank plastic coverabove the CB where the auto volume and tone knobs are on yours. Those two controls were on the travel computer along with a joy stick that was a balance and fader control for the four speakers. About the only way to get a stock unit probably would be eBay and I'm not too sure about reasonable. They are cheaper than the ones that show up for the 1500s though.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yes.. the same as on your SEI .. the travel computer has the autovol and the tone and the speaker control (4 speaker system)

:12ltd:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Long Hair wrote:
Yes.. the same as on your SEI .. the travel computer has the autovol and the tone and the speaker control (4 speaker system)

It might be that the cover plate on my old bike was made by the guy who rebuilt the fairing. My SEI had been wrecked and the fairing was from an Aspencade. The color of the instrument panel and all was black instead of the dark brown it originally was. The only brown left was on the seat and the handlebar inserts. Luckily the difference between the black and dark brown was not all that noticeable so it didn't detract from the appearance of the bike. The pretty Jade Green looked so good one didn't notice the discrepancy. I sure liked the Green better than the beige. I really like my new (to me) 1500 but there sure was something about that SEI...

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

The last CB radio for a GL1200I saw on Ebay was going for about $700. U.S. complete. There is more than one section to the CB radio and you also need an antenna mount for the rear plus all the cables.

Why not look around for a modern FSR or GMRS radio for a small fraction of that used CB price and you'll then have a radio that will be compatible with todays airwaves if you're looking for something practical to communicate with.

Vic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.