Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well...the Regulator/rectifier has passed away on my bike....has anyone experience with Electrex???Could anyone supply a new or nearly new Honda one?.It is different from the regular 1200 reg. in that there are two leads...I have Paypal....sometimes I know why this is called "The Last Frontier!!!!"Thanks....

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

If a replacement is too hard to find or too expensive, you may consider an external alternator.
Do a search for "external alternator" to get the details.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Well, I can't get you a regulator that will work, BUT if you find something on ebay that you think will work, and the seller doesn't want to ship internationally, I can offer my services as an international re-mailer.

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks John....considering this.. have details in $ but still counting my pennies!!!!!

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Very kind of you Phil...I will keep you in mind if things get desperate..just looking at my signature and had a quiet chuckle!!!

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

OK.. have ordered an Electrex from the UK..let"s hope that "plane doesn"t break down....haven"t heard anything bad about them so I might have to be the ginee pig(pass the dictionary please!)./forums/images/emoticons/big_grin.gif.thanks again for the help.....

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

yea...just type electrex uk in google...stators and regulators.....

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Just replaced a stator on a GL1200A.. It's smaller than the SEi models,, Less ampreage. The engine came out and just the back cover had to be removed to replace the stator.. Overall, the job was not difficult, but time consuming.. Plan on a full weekend, maybe more if any parts break during the tear down.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
imported post

I daveinozbikesI have a 1985 LTD and i did replace both last year regulator and stator on mine and i got my parts from Honda ...Is there some reason why you can get honda parts I will check monday morning it's now sunday 22.30 here and will get back on to tell you if i can get again ......... salut ......

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
imported post

Hello daveinozbikes:waving:good news for ya :

Here in canada the votage Regulator/rectifier by honda part Num 31600-mg9-010 is still available here it's$268.67 cdn. I am willing to help with paypal we would have to check shipping fees as fa as myself i do nat charge you anything since the honda dealer is nearby and it would be a pleasure to help you so check this out and let me know if i can be of any help SALUT :weightlifter:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.