Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Has anyone found a better source for the screw and bushing/collar used on the lower cowl on the 1200? I had my bike apart for a few months, and I have managed to misplace/use/something all of them. I don't so much mind the screw price. Ron Ayers shows them at $.43, but the collar appears to be $1.08. That isn't crazy, but when you add up how many I'll need, it seems like more than I want to pay for what I'm getting. I'm also in need of the shoulder nut for the rear shock mount on one side. Ayers gives me $7.11. Again, high for what it is, but since I only need one, whatever. That said, anyone looking to thin their stash or point me in the direction of a place to buy bulk? I always seem to need them on one of the bikes.

BTW, I've been riding my KLR since I tore into the GL, and after my test ride today, I really appreciate the GL again. The KLR can certainly handle freeway speeds (and then the unpaved road too), but the GL is still smooth and happy at 85-90mph. It made me smile.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

taps wrote:
Has anyone found a better source for the screw and bushing/collar used on the lower cowl on the 1200? I had my bike apart for a few months, and I have managed to misplace/use/something all of them. I don't so much mind the screw price. Ron Ayers shows them at $.43, but the collar appears to be $1.08. That isn't crazy, but when you add up how many I'll need, it seems like more than I want to pay for what I'm getting. I'm also in need of the shoulder nut for the rear shock mount on one side. Ayers gives me $7.11. Again, high for what it is, but since I only need one, whatever. That said, anyone looking to thin their stash or point me in the direction of a place to buy bulk? I always seem to need them on one of the bikes.

BTW, I've been riding my KLR since I tore into the GL, and after my test ride today, I really appreciate the GL again. The KLR can certainly handle freeway speeds (and then the unpaved road too), but the GL is still smooth and happy at 85-90mph. It made me smile.
Here is where I get most all my fasteners. Great service & the prices are not bad. I bought a couple of shop kits and as I remove an old rusty screw/bolt from Baby, I replace with one of thier bright shiny SS units.. They hande both the Japenese bikes & the European machines. https://www.boltmotorcyclehardware.com/index.php :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.