Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hello all,
I have more of a curious question, I guess...since I have erratic charging.
When I check my 3 wires off the stator Steves' way, I get 4 volts plus on 2 legs and only 1 plus on the other...yet when I check with wires cut...I get 60 plus on all 3 wires.
Now because I have an EC harness from years ago 3 of the wires coming out of the noise filter are cut and just sitting there.
I always assumed that the noise filter was more or less dead, since I installed the EC harness.
But, just for fun last night, I put a test light on it...and those 3 wires are still live.
So...what to do?? Do I just take the noise filter out altogether...and are the remaining attached wires just go to the old stock harness??
I'm just curious if this noise filter can in some way be affecting my strange charging voltage.
Thanks all in advance and hope you all have a great week-end.
All my connectors are hard wired.

·
Administrator
27,936 Posts
imported post

It has been reported on this forum of the filter causing charging problems and I have seen 1 myself that had a poor boy kit installed and the only thing wrong with the charging system was the noise filter. When someone has a charging problem on a 1200 I always suggest removing that filter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.