Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've had an electrical gremlin on my GL1200 LTD for over a year. Through all the post I've read and everything I've tried I have come the conclusion that for whatever reason my electrical system doesn't like being grounded to the bolt that goes through the engine.

After grounding it directly to the frame I had no problems with my electrical system. When I replaced my engine bold I placed the battery ground back where it's supposed to be and added a ground from the bold back to the frame using #6 wire.

While I didn't start blowing the taillight fuse, it did start having all kinds of issues with my dash LCD and trip computer. So today I regrounded the battery to the frame and left the ground from the frame to the engine in place. Short test ride later no problems with Dash or trip computer.

Has anyone else had this issue or any idea what is going on?

I'm puzzled and want to make sure the Gremlin is gone. And to answer your questions before they get asked, no I didn't feed him after midnight and he didn't get wet, but he sure ain't all cute and fuzzy either.

Thanks

Scott

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
imported post

Ensure that motor ground bolt contact areas are clean with no paint or oil residue etc.
Check the ground point on the frame that distributes the smaller ground wires to your front end gauges etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.