Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have an opportunity to obtain 2 wrecked Limited Editions.

Both were running when they met their demise. So other than some front body damage, both are complete bikes.

I need a few parts for my L.E.

But wanted to see if there was anyinterest on some parts others may need in order for me to make it financially a smart move to buy these bikes.

Both have good seats, luggage, etc.

If you need something, PM me, I am going to figure what I need, and what is left to sale.

They both have clean titles.

Better yet, I may just sell one complete and just part the other. (Sell the one in better physical shape and part the worse of the two)

Anyway, got to figure out what parts are worth. Will definitely sell LESS than on Ebay. Not out to make a profit, just break even and help out some fellow GW fans.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

Let's see I have a wish list a mile long but a pocket book that is very shallow.(don't we all) I can give you a wish list. Probably need a final drive mine seems really noisy need to tear it apart and find out. Defiantly need rear shocks. Wants on the list are things like an antenna and mount. A newer set of lenses for my trunk. Figure out what you want for parts and let me know. I'll start saving my pennies. My goal is to take my neglected 85 LTD and make it look and perform as good as I have the motor running.

Stay in touch

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
imported post

Pm Sent :waving:

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Have recieved several PM's. Ok, I will know when I can pick the bikes up in a couple of days.
Working out a price on them, only want to break even, will not be looking to make $, so as soon as I get them, I'll know what I need to get back out of them.
Will definitely be parting one. (need a couple of parts myself) Waiting to see the condition of the second to see if it's fixable or also a parts bike. So if everyone can give me a week, I will be in touch in order I was contacted. Plus I will update this post as well.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
imported post

PM Sent

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I may have posted availability too quickly. Still working on getting them home. Will contact PM's as soon as I have them sitting at my house.
Not ignoring anyone, just working on arrangements to get them here.

Also...Don't think any of the battery covers are around.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
imported post

PM and email sent, Please check and call me

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

OK, finally have the bikes at home. Going to start taking them apart in the next couple of days. Will list things for sale as I get them off and make sure they are in working order.
I do not have any side covers and not certain about any of the fairing parts. One bike is wrecked and the other is partially stripped.

I do have a 32k engine (and more) if anyone is interested in that one.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
imported post

Do you have the the chrome plug covers shields and the btm cross over piece between the lowers ?

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

PM Sent

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

No windshield...I will measure pad thickness and let you know.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
imported post

if my memory serves me right the brake pads on the wrecked one only had about 8,000 miles on them.

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
imported post

Looking for a left side panel, mine fell off and was run over.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Sorry, no side panels

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Thank you for patience of those who have contacted me. I only have an hour here and there to spend on tearing the bikes down. As I get parts pulled and checked, I will give prices and availability.
Do nto want to price or promise anything that may not be in owrking condition.
One bike was wrecked, the other was already partially parted out before me. There is a third that I am not touching until the first two are gone. I need some parts for my bike myself. So have to make sure I don't accidentally promise something that I only have one of that I may need. I do have 2 of alot of things that I do not need though.
Again, thanks for being patient with me.
Ronnie

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
imported post

still waiting to see if you have a w/s. brake pads and know i need the engine oil dip stick. thanks ps not trying to rush you at all just wanted to add the dip stick to my list...:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

No windshield....front brake pads are very unevenly worn...so no good .....yes on dip stick though

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

OK, have added photos of the exhaust to the gallery...the set of mufflers by thereselves, the headers are still on the bike.
Both sets are great shape for 26 years old...no rust holes or cracks...chrome polish and some elbow grease and they'll shine up nicely.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.