1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi,

The air shocks on my LTD are ruined.

eBay has a wide variety of showa air shocks from a variety of years and models - the parts manuals seems to infer the LTD and Sei models have different shocks to the interstates and aspencades.

Front runners in in terms of what's available are 1986 interstate and 1986 aspencade air shocks.

Will the 86 interstate/aspencade work on the LTD? Does anyone know how they differ.

Terry

PS - aware i can get new progressive shocks but the freight and import duty to the UK are killers

As usual Thank You in advance for taking the time to ponder.

Terry

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

To be honest Terry, I always thought the air shocks were the same for all 1200 Wings. So that's something ne learned for today. One of the 1200 lads will be able to clarify it for you later.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

JDuggan wrote:
To be honest Terry, I always thought the air shocks were the same for all 1200 Wings. So that's something ne learned for today. One of the 1200 lads will be able to clarify it for you later.
I'm of the same thought about the rear shocks. There were differences in air pressure settings, but I believe those mostly concerned the front forks... :gunhead:

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,751 Posts
imported post

I too, "assumed" they were all the same. Have you looked at the part numbers and found they are different?

EDIT:

I did some research and there are different part numbers for the years. What is different? Who knows?

There are also differences in the LTD numbers from the '85 A & I models. I figure that has something to do with the self-leveling feature...but that's a guess, only.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

have rebuilt several of each style(aspy,ltd) and have found no difference internally but externally the way the air hoses connect is different,the aspy uses a threaded hose whereas the ltd uses a banjo style fitting,i presently am running aspy shocks non my sei and use the banjo style airlines with no problems,shocks were completely rebuilt using progressive internal springs,have "real" progressives on an aspy and have found no noticeable difference between the two

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.