Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

Thanks Rosco, a few other members have given us a heads-up on that. :waving:

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

Thoughts on Haynes compared to Clymers ????????

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
imported post

I agree with Paul. If I were to rank the manuals, it would be first place to the Honda, second to Clymer and third to Haynes. The Honda manual assumes you alread have some mechaniocal knowledge, but there are loads of pictures and detailed explanations.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

One thing about the Clymer is thatthey show a work around in several places where the Honda manual calls for a special Honda tool.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Looks like copyright infringement to me. Doesn't matter if it's a French site,still against the law if they didn't get permission from the publisher.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
Looks like copyright infringement to me. Doesn't matter if it's a French site,still against the law if they didn't get permission from the publisher.
It is indeed Marco, but that manual has been available from the French site for a few years now and it doesn't seem to bother Haynes.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
imported post

WellI just purchased the Haynes Manual today , they had a promo for free shipping . So I will see how it is . I may be sorry..

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

leolarry, I agree with exavid, but you probably won't be sorry. I have both Clymer and Haynes. I never found how to balance the carbs in the Clymer, but I did in the Haynes.

A new clutch may be in my future. Clymer manual says the engine must be removed. The first thing Haynes says is the engine only needs removed if the clutch basket needs replaced, not for clutch plate replacement. Haynes may save me a lot of work!!!

As for the download manual, I like a book to look thru when working on my bike, not a computer screen. If you download the manual and print it out, you will have as much money in paper and ink as you would just buying it. On the other hand, with the downloaded version, you can print out the pages needed to take to the shop, keeping the real book clean.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

There's certainly nothing the matter with having all three manuals, the more the better. Since they are all a bit different you never know which one might have a better slant on a particular job. If they help you do one job on the bike that would have taken a shop three hours you've earned back the cost.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
imported post

I wish someone would do this with the carb section for an '82 GL1100.

(hint hint wink wink nudge nudge)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.