Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I was wondering if someone with a GL1200 would measure the front master cylinder cover for me (width x length).

The PO drilled holes in the center console on my GL1500 and I'm looking for something to cover the holes in that area yet look cool :cool:.

I found a chrome master cylinder cover for a GL1200 with the GW emblem on it that looks like it would be about the right size for that spot.

I would greatly appreciate it!

Safe & happy riding! :action:

JB

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
imported post

I just measured it and it is two and three quarter inches by one and seven eights inches. 2&3/4" X 1&7/8".

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Alright! That'll do the trick!

The PO wanted to mount a controller for a CD player. He placed the mounting bracket, marked the holes, and drilled the required 3 holes. Then apparently realized he had the bracket backwards so he flipped it around, slid it down a little and drilled 3 more holes...:headbanger:

The dimensions you gave me will just cover all 6 holes so I guess I need to order me a chrome cover! :cooler:

Thanks for the info Easypin! And the bump up FitzAl!

Safe and happy riding! :action:

JB

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

Here is the cover plate I used to cover the holes in my center console. Not bad right?? I don't know if it's going to cause problems with the sun light bouncing off the chrome and into my eyes but I'll give it a try. I like the look...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

looks like it was suppose to be there good cover up.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

personally i think u should call the PO and thank him for screwing that install up

really looks good

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

That looks really great!

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

That looks really good!

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
imported post

Awesome!

Where did you find this? Would look great on my masters, too.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

Thanks guys!

Here is where I found the Master Cylinder Cover

I couldn't get the link to work right but if you go to the home page and search on "master cylinder cover" it will bring back 2 or 3 more covers.

:action:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.