Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just had to order another pair of EMGLO mirrors. The cheap plastic socket breaks on them. Is there anyone making a better quality mirror for 1200s?

Bobbydsp

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
imported post

Hi, I guess you have probably checked it out already, but there are many on eBay, individually or as sets, I don't know if they are EMGLO brand or not tho, also noticed the pinwall cycle parts have a set of originals from an '85 1200 up for sale.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Where can a pair of originals be found, Dennis?

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,576 Posts
imported post

BobbydSp wrote:
Where can a pair of originals be found, Dennis?
I don't know. I've seen them on e-bay. Make sure you're not just getting used Emgos. (they have the silver back)

Right side is still available from Honda.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
imported post

I have to agree with you on this ,They are **** Ive replace three mirrors already workng on my forth in six yrs, two were my fault but the plastic and how its melted on is poor workmanship, orginials are made better but hard to find.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I am going to put some JB Weld on the new ones to reinforce the plastic socket before I install them. The manufacturer could have put a little metal in them at the socket and they would work just fine. I will be extra careful not to hit them this time so maybe I can get a little use from this set.
Bobby

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
imported post

Have you tired the classified section? I think there are a few parting out 1200's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.