Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i will try keep this short but informative! bike has sat 3 yrs, seems it is missing on one cylinder so i now have carbs off and in the process of cleaning them. there is fuel coming up to the slow air valve that sits by the gas tank fill up and drains into the tray (quite a flow coming up!) could this be that there is a problem with flow into the carb with the missing cylinder causing unwanted vacuum, or maybe a problem with a blockage somewhere? i know that all the cylinders are getting fuel for a fact and am wondering that now i have the carbs off could it be to do with the valves on the under side of the carb assembly? is it worth replacing them or am i shooting in the wrong direction altogether??

any help on what would be recommended to replace or clean greatly appreciated

thanks Ali

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

i dont understand what do you mean by the gas tank fill up and what tray are you talking about, the plenum??, is ur bike california edition?

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

not 100% on that one but i dont think so, i mean where you would fill up with gas at a gas station. the drip tray that catches spills. there is a tube from the carbs coming into a valve type thing above the gas tank fill that drains into the spill tray.

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

i never seen that one at least not on my bike and friends bikes (1200s) yours is probably california model.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

never even crossed my mind but yes i have just worked out that i have a california model, even with my lack of experience there is something telling me that i may be having a problem with airflow. many thanks for the link for the manuals and for pointing out that it could be a california model!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.