Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm new here & was hoping someone could help me with installing fog lights on my GL1200I?
I have some after market LED's & I can't find what I need to know in my manual. Please Help, I so need more light @ night. :stumped:

Thanks,
articbluewolf69

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

Here is an wire diagram. I didnt use a relay. the way i did it was red wire to switch and from selected power source. from switch to lights. you can ground anywhere on frame from lights.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
imported post

Nice diagram-the only thing I would change is the green wire. Taking it direct to battery isn't a good idea. Why have the lights able to left on by accident draining the battery. I would instead tie the feed end of the green to a hot off the fuse box that only gets power with key in on. You could find and use a spare hot-in-on accessory terminal but I would instead tie to a hot for headlight or running lights. Remember the power coming off that wire is only powering a relay so it won't overload the circuit you are tapping.
You could go a step further and tie in downstream of the start button but before the LO/HI switch so that fog lights go out with start button pushed.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
imported post

since the interstate stator/battery setup will not support fulltime driving or foglights i would suggest going with an HID headlight setup, there are several tech articles available on this site and others

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

He is using l.e.ds

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.