Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BigDogDaddeeoh
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm almost done with the carb rebuild. On the last carb, I dropped the pilot screw (aka idle mixture screw). And sure enough the tip was bent. KLUTZ I straightened it as best I could just to keep the reassembly going. But I know I need to replace it. In reading at the Randakk's site I found a page (http://www.randakks.com/TechTip74.htm), that referred to a Kawasaki part that works in the Honda 1100 - but no mention of the GL1200. It sure looks the same. Since Keihin makes carbs for Honda and Kawasaki, what are the chances? Anyone have experience with this?

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
imported post

The 1100 and 1200 screws are different. In any case ,I have some spare 1200 screws and I can send you one if you like. I live in Nova Scotia, not too far from you. PM me with your address if you want it ...........

·
BigDogDaddeeoh
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

ummmm Dennis, your wing and mine have carbs built NOT by Honda but by Keihin. The name is stamped right on each of the four carbs. It happens to be the same carb manufacturer that supplies Kawasaki.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,594 Posts
imported post

mobiewan wrote:
ummmm Dennis, your wing and mine have carbs built NOT by Honda but by Keihin. The name is stamped right on each of the four carbs. It happens to be the same carb manufacturer that supplies Kawasaki.
My point is...the part is available from Honda. Annnd...I gave you a link to buy one at a very good price. You're welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.