Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Been trying to plan for eventualities on a cross country trip this summer and I think I have parts and know how to rectify problems such as starter,Coils and the like as I have enough small parts to store in trailer that are light enough to not cause a problem. In talking to Neoracer he told me there is a way(He thought) albeit a not easy way to change these out without moving the engine on the 84 1200 does anyone know of such a procedure? Thanks. :waving:

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
imported post

Yes ....it can be done by removing the swingarm rather than the engine. Either way it is a big job and not one you would want to do on the side of the road or in a parking lot. And I'm not sure if the 84 pg is available new from Honda anymore so you might have to source out a used set. On the + side of things the p/g on the 84 does not fail that often at least not as often as later year 1200's ........

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

When I got it the meter said 34,000 But Shortly after that it stop working..But est 55.:waving:

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

Has anyone ever tried putting new pulse coils on the front of an 84 engine instead of the back? Are the mounting holes already on the front of the 84 engine?

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
Has anyone ever tried putting new pulse coils on the front of an 84 engine instead of the back? Are the mounting holes already on the front of the 84 engine?
I don't know if its possible I just did the timing belt deal and did not see anything there that would accept them.:waving:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.