Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My 1200 was not ridden much l;ast year. I had some issues. This year she is getting all the attention needed.

New to me this wing had some radio problems. I took the radio out and opened it up and saw the tape deck was stuck and cause an overheat buring many parts of the circuit board.

I will be installing an aftermarket sony radio but woiuld like to know how to work the intercomm and /or cb.

and is that option available on my aspencade 1984

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
imported post

The intercom on a GL1200 is built in to the standard radio, so if you replace that you're gong to need a seperate intercomm I reckon.

·
Old Broad
3,843 Posts
imported post

ECHO! ECHO!:action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
imported post

i would be interested in some pics and the type of radio and partsu install as im replacing mine also and not sure how to go about it with out hacking it

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

well I have an appointment to purchase a sony radio from a guy on craigslist. this radio comes with the rca jack as a standard.

Which means i will be losing the intercom and may have to rewire the intercom. But i will have a direct hook up for my sirius radio. I will be making a mount to hold the sirius remote next to the controls on the left handle.

I will now be able to change the channel and raise and lower volume from the handle bar.

I will send msome pics as soon as I get this installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.