Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Panasonic radio on my 1984 Gl1200a works and sounds normal while at an idle. As I increase speed, static sounds start to come from the speakers. It gradually gets worse until approximately 70-80 KPH any sound is not produced at all.
I have cleaned all connections and sprayed with electrical cleaner.

Any help with correcting this problem is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
your surpressors may be bad , that is usually a cause of bad static noises ,also check your antenna connections and groundings (earths)

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
I'll bet you have a bad spark plug wire. A break or pinhole that is letting your electricity from the coil arc to a ground. Inspect your coils for cracks, run your engine in the dark (pull the fuses for your lights) and look for small blue sparks along the wires, coils and spark plug boots. Do you have resistor plug caps? Do you have resistor plugs? You need to have one or the other or both, resistor plugs or caps or the ignition will be heard over your radio. Arcing at the coil, wires or caps will also be heard on your radio.

Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.