Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My 86 gl1200 aspincade radio dos not turn on. My blinkers did not work, I turne on the haszrds and the radio quit. The blinkers was a bad fuse. All the fuses in the box are good. Is there any outher fuses that go to the radio?

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Looking at the little bit that I could find online I don't believe that there is another fuse for the radio unless the fuse was installed aftermarket. I would start by checking wire connections such as grounds and plugs. My first guess would be a bad ground. A troubleshooting light (a simple probe with a light at the end and a grounding lead) or multimeter might help in this situation as well. Check to see if the radio is getting power first and work your way back from there. Someone else might be more able to help though since I have never had a 1200. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum. I believe my 84 Aspy had a fuse going to the radio located "Under" the left fairing pocket. There was also a spare 30 amp fuse in a packet stored there. Can't imagine why the fuses were located under the pocket that required the removal of four screws, but it did appear to be all factory... :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Yes, there is a 7.5 amp fuse under the left pocket. Mine has a spare fuse in a pouch that is under there as well. Silly place to put it. There is a tie between the turn signal / Hazard circuit and the radio, but I do believe it only has to do with the lights in the radio, not the power to the radio.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks to you all for the help. I found the fuses right wheat you said. It is all working good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.