Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GL1200 Radio Removal

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Renegade 
#1 ·
imported post

I have a 84 Interstate witha problem with my radio/cassette deck. It seems like I have a loose wire in the deck or speakers, when I hit a bump it cuts out. Does anyone know an easy way to get back there? Do I have to remove part of the fairing? Seems like a lot of work to get to the wireing. Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
imported post

Do a search in the box at the top of the page on this subject, one common problem with the radio installation, if you have the OEM plug-in unit, is the connector at the back of the radio, cleaning and bending the contact fingers up a bit often does some good. Since you have an Interstate, it might be a non-standard installation, about the only thing to do is to trace the power wiring for a loose connection, possibly at the fuse block. If the station info or pilot light stays on when the radio quits, it's likely it's an internal problem in the radio itself. It's unlikely the two speakers would have a loose connection that failed simultaneously.

#3 ·
imported post

hi all, my 84 aspy has the same problem when i go over a slightly higher bump in the road it makes a horrible crakle and cuts out for a split second,think i will try and bend the connections a little like what was said in the earlier message?:clapper:thanks all,bri,uk.;)

#10 ·
imported post

The 84 interstate did NOT have a radio from the factory.. If the buyer wanted one, the Honda dealer would install an aftermarket Honda radio, or something else. The factory wiring harness was adaptable with the proper plug-ins, but in most cases, the radios were hand wired by someone. You'll have to trace the wiring to and from the speakers and power supply yourself.. Look for corroded terminals, loose recepticles, chafed insulation and disconnected wires. :clapper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.