Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GL1200 Rear Shocks

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Fastymz 
#1 ·
I have a 86 aspencade, when i put air in shocks, they dont hold the air, so i know they are shot, what im wondering, are there progressive shocks out there somewhere for this bike? doing a overhaul on the original shocks worth it or just get new ones? any one know about shocks?

#11 ·
First of all are you using an on board air compressor, hoses, fittings, etc? If so there are a lot of places it could be leaking. Any of the connections, and the hoses themselves could be rotted, cracked and leaking. Are the boots still on the lower part of the shocks, and if so are they torn or cracked?

I had a bad compressor, bad switches, rotted hoses, and badly rusted shocks with torn boots. I just ripped it all off and installed Progressive 416 shocks, and inflated them with a small 12V tire inflator.

#12 ·
I might be alone on this but I installed the progressive coil over hd shocks. I've been very happy with them, they have made the ride much more comfortable and the bike handles 100% better. But keep in mind I ride two up most of the time and my wife and I are big people. I fixed the leaky hose on my old air by placing a valve at the junction block. The old air would pump up to 55 psi and never leak but it still didn't proved the ride height or feel I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.