Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 1985 GL1200I that has a pronounced clicking when the wheel is rotated backwards. I had this same problem last year and read up on Honda bulletins to learn there was a chronic problem with the aluminum hub on 84/85 wings. The hub around the bearing elongates and the bearing slops. Mine was elongated so rather than go to an oversized bearing (the Honda fix) I replaced the rear wheel with a good wheel from an 86 which has a metal hub. I thought this fixed my problem, but I'm just getting the click again. I've noticed it only happens at the same spot each time the wheel is rotated backwards. each time it reaches the same point I get one load "click".
The final drive and drive shaft universals looked good when I had it apart last fall, and the flange which was changed out toatch the 86 wheel is brand new.
But I'm now stuck with the same "clicking" ghost I had last year . . . . . any ideas out there???

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
imported post

that is odd.... only a click in one spot.... sort of like a nail in the tire going around and hitting the swing arm or something?

hmmm donna know

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.