Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took my rear wheel off mu 1984 Aspencade to replace the tire and didn't pay sufficient attention to the placement of the spacers. Can anybody help me figure how to put it back together?

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
If you're asking about the two identical spacers on the left side of the wheel they go on each side of the caliper bracket with the flange facing the bracket.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you're asking about the two identical spacers on the left side of the wheel they go on each side of caliper bracket with the flange facing the bracket.
Thanks a bunch! Pulled the wheel a few days ago and didn't see one of these drop. Moved the block from under the wheel and there it was on the floor. The dreaded where the hell did that come from part.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
Thanks a bunch! Pulled the wheel a few days ago and didn't see one of these drop. Moved the block from under the wheel and there it was on the floor. The dreaded where the hell did that come from part.
Check and see if your spacers are identical. For my interest. Most I've seen are the same, but I came up with a shorter spacer while cleaning up the garage and I couldn't figure out which side it went on. Turns out, it wasn't for that bike, but I'd hate to find out something was out of alignment because one spacer was thinner than the other.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.