Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 1985 Aspencade that is converted into a trike..I want to remove the seat .:lash:No luck so far!! The book I have with it is no help..my wifes hands are the only one small enough to fit into the spaces they refer to..but she can not feel any type of "lever" in the gas compartment area between the tank and seat. Anyone have any other ideas???:stumped:

·
Premium Member
3,467 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Site!! If you've got the stock seat on her and have removed to 2 side bolt's holding the seat on, you should be able to remove the seat by sliding it all the way to the rear of the bike and simply lift the front of the seat and remove it by bringing it forward and up...

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

The saddle might be is stuck where the tab sits in at the front. Once the bolts are out, a few hard slaps with the palm of your hand against the drivers bum rest will shift it.

The first few seconds of this engine removal video will show you what I mean.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

I think the "Lever" you are looking for is above the left side bag, you can pull it out to slide the seat back & forward, when you remove the 10mm (??) bolt and the matching one on the right side the seat should slide back & lift. There is a "tongue" on the seat frame that sticks forward under the front of the seat & under a support under the shelter. :waving:

Oh ya, unless this has been modified during the "Trike" conversion :?:?

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
imported post

Sometimes it doesn't just lift off the front, you may have to keep pushing and wiggling it backward to get the tang on the seat to come out of the reciever.( tang on bottom of the seat,reciever on the bike ) Once you get it you won't have any trouble doing it in the future.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome repoman_1951[/align]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.