Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
imported post

TrainerTim wrote:
Looking at your bike I noticed the chrome side covers in front of the plastic battery cover. I have an 84 interstate and have been looking for those covers. Any idea where to get them? Thanks
TrainerTim,

While I was at the Honda Delaer yesterday trying to get some info on the gauges in my fairing, he told me that the engine covers that are on my bike were made by MARKLAND. Don't know if this will help you any but just thought I would pass it on.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
imported post

Thanks, I will take a look. Called a place in FL this AM and the guy said they are extremely hard to come by. So I guess I will just keep looking and maybe get lucky.

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
imported post

Mr.1200 wrote:
Please post a picture after you have your ROF's installed....I'm wonder if you'll still have room to check your air pressure??
Finally got around to installing the Ring of Fire. There is plenty of room for checking tire pressure. Here are a couple of photos. The covers do not appear that they are centered very well but they are more centered that what the picture shows. I have taken all close ups while either neeling or sitting. To get a true shot for showing the evenness, I would have to lay out prone and shoot the photo. They are a little off centered and I can fix that by shortening my bracket a little. When cool weather comes, I will be doing this so that they are exactly centered.

Ring of fire installed.

In this shot, I turned the flash off so you could see the lighting.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
imported post

Nice. I just bought a set of the flat chrome rotor covers off ebay but there are no instructions. Can anybody explain how to install these? I am going on a Teddy Bear run in the morning and would like to get them on today if possible.

·
Premium Member
6,765 Posts
imported post

To install the rotor covers you must take your wheel off. The axle bolt as nuts on each side that the rotor covers go under. I would take a picture but I have "chrome fork chaps' on mine and you it would show anything but the chrome.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.