Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I noticed the vacuum line for the ign control unit is pinched, I also wonder how much affect would replacing the 500cc pump with the more powerful 750cc pump would have. Would that give me a rich setting or just overflow the carbs. I think the problem should have showed up eARLIER BUT IN THIS TIME LINE.

Bike quit starting, fuel pump found faulty

New used pump of unknown year installed

Bike starts but runs and idles crappy

Carbs cleaned . found 3 slow jets clogged and gunk in 2 of the float screens, one float spring was frozen in place. 3 carb floats had the wrong measurement and 2 of the mixture screws were not like the others

Used to get 37 mpg with it running crappy

Now bike sounds like it wants to live coming to life in one crank, running great and ideling great but sucking down 25mpg

Can a 750 cc pump allow me to run with dirty carbs yet flow too much fuel for a clean carb, and do you think this can be done without over spilling fuel out of the carbs.

I think I may want to try a pump before removing the carbs again as I am 99% positive I set eveything correctly in the carbs.

·
Administrator
26,996 Posts
imported post

If the fuel pump you put on has too much pressure it could be overpowering the needle valves and causing the rich running. The same effect as having the floats set too high.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.