Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1985 GL1200 LTD
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worst seat I've ever put my butt in. I'll tell you that right now lol

After 2 months with my 1200, I finally put a few miles on today. Did about 250 total. I don't think I've ever been so sore in my years of riding.

·
Registered
1999 GL1500SE
281 Posts
If it is brand new it does take some break in time! Supposedly around 3-4 hours in the saddle if you can handle that all at once.

·
Administrator
27,891 Posts
Every seat does not fit every butt.

·
Registered
1985 GL1200 LTD
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely isn’t new. Not sure how long it’s been on the bike. It felt too wide for me. The edge was riding oddly under my hamstring. I’d bet it’s great for some people.

Light Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I replaced my stock seat on my 1200 with a Corbin a few years back. Since I fortunately live near the factory, I stopped in and ordered a new seat and asked for them to just use their "standard" configuration. They offer a "custom" fitting but all I wanted was what they would have built and installed on the bike, back in the day. The seat I got is beautiful, however, the saddle is deeper, which creates "edges" that press on my hamstring muscles.

Fortunately, the seat is comfortable in the riding position but only causes issues when I put my leg (legs) to the ground. Bottom line is that I live with it, but if I was aware of this before hand, I'm confident that Corbin could have modified the seat to alleviate this from happening. I could strongly recommend a call to Corbin speak with a fitting tech. If you're lucky enough to speak with a "grey hair", they may be aware of this condition and a suitable remedy.

·
Registered
1985 GL1200 LTD
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I replaced my stock seat on my 1200 with a Corbin a few years back. Since I fortunately live near the factory, I stopped in and ordered a new seat and asked for them to just use their "standard" configuration. They offer a "custom" fitting but all I wanted was what they would have built and installed on the bike, back in the day. The seat I got is beautiful, however, the saddle is deeper, which creates "edges" that press on my hamstring muscles.

Fortunately, the seat is comfortable in the riding position but only causes issues when I put my leg (legs) to the ground. Bottom line is that I live with it, but if I was aware of this before hand, I'm confident that Corbin could have modified the seat to alleviate this from happening. I could strongly recommend a call to Corbin speak with a fitting tech. If you're lucky enough to speak with a "grey hair", they may be aware of this condition and a suitable remedy.
great tip. This sounds very similar to what I’m feeling on my hamstrings. Only difference is that I start to feel it in the riding position about 30 minutes in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts