Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening, All I am feeling stupid and I admit it. I just torn down, cleaned and reassembled/refitted my 1986 SEi's air compressor and valve bank. When I started everything ran and clicked as I thought it should. It just did not put air in the shocks. A very little for a while that then tapered to nothing. I found some oil where I don't think there should be any and I found a bit of something in the vent solenoid valve. I think it found the issues. I cleaned, greased and reassembled. Now there is NO power to anything. No lights on the pressure display. No action on any valves. No compressor. Nothing. I went over the connectors knowing that I just missed reassembly of one. Nothing. I feel dumb and know that I have missed something I took apart but I can't find it. And my manual's trouble shooting section starts all trouble shooting assuming there is power to the system. Okay, stop laughing at me. Tell me the obvious that I have missed. Then go back to laughing... And maybe part of it or another problem - no lights on the ECM. Yet it starts and runs just fine.

·
Premium Member
1985 GL1200 Limited Edition
3,528 Posts
The best i can do for you is look at my '85 electrical troubleshooting manual and see where you're supposed to get voltage to... That said.. You state that you took the compressor apart. Did you dry the dessicant, clean the reed valves in the head and replace the in-line intake filter which WILL degrade over time and plug the head reed valves??

Let me know....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, Don, thanks for the time... I did not disassemble the compressor. I did test it by itself and it pumped more air than I thought it would and built pressure too. Yes, I dried the desiccant. Kinds neat to put that pink stuff in the oven and have it turn pretty blue. But the issue is power to the whole system. Just like the key was in the off position. All connectors are assembled (several times) nothing left out. It is like I pulled a fuse and forgot to put it back. BTW: checked all fuzes. Or at least those in the block under the trip computer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More info on this power issue. I have no power to the air system. No lights on pressure display. No activation of valves or compressor. BUT I also have no cruise control. No indicator lights on the CFI. No trunk interior light (indicating a faulty ground???). I just can't find the fault. Ideas?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fixed!

I know that you all have been holding your breath waiting for my problem to be fixed. BREATH! It was a connector outside the right hand fairing pocket that was not connected. The loose wiring and connector were buried under other wires and I did not see it. Whew!

Now to figure out the CFI no lights issue...

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
not sure what u are talking about by no cfi light,are we talking about the W light on the ecm,a dash light or lighting on the travel computer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.