Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi There,I am a new member, a mate of mine told me about this great website!

we have a problem:

Turn key in contact from acc to start everything is good (lights on dashboard and fuelinjectors working) But when i press the start button everything go's blank.

checked all fuses and battery

cheers

:)Henk

Tasmania

·
Administrator
26,562 Posts
imported post

If you are sure the battery is good, had it tested. you probably Have a bad connection that allows enough current to power the lights and such but the current to operate the starter is more than it will handle. Remove the main fuse from the solenoid, it may look good and be cracked. It also could be the ignition switch. Do you have to turn it off and back on to get the lights on again?

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

That really sounds like a ground problem. this could be from a loose wire or just a dirty connection between the battery & the starter in one of the larger wires. I would check all connections & while your doing that, test your battery just to rule it out as part of the problem. It should show into 13 volts if it's fully charged and just over 14 with bike running.

Welcome to the forum! Keep us posted!

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Thanks gentleman for your advice!

It is the battery,i put an small car battery on jump leads on the battery and started no problem.everything works fine so far!

the battery is 1 year old but did not do much work, i had it in thetruck as an 2 th only to be charged.

the dehydration test was good,but not good enough to start the bike!

much appriciated your tips

Thanks again.:)Henk.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.